Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cucumber-mint soda

Priya had the idea to make cucumber-mint sodas with some of our CSA bounty. She made some mint syrup by boiling down sugar and fresh mint leaves, and I made a bottle of cucumber juice by seeding, pureeing, and straining a handful of CSA cucumbers (and then adding a lemon's worth of lemon juice). We keep them in the fridge in bottles, and when we want a soda, we put about three tablespoons of each (syrup, and juice) in a glass and then fill it with seltzer. Really delicious and super easy to make.


4 comments:

Sadie said...

That sounds delicious and refreshing...you've inspired me to try to make cucumber juice! I had a cocktail last week that was white tequila infused with Anaheim chile pepper, cucumber juice, and simple syrup and it was dangerously good

waxwing slain said...

that sounds great, too! I like the spicy addition in cocktails--micheladas, etc.

Katie said...

Oh Priya had that idea did she? I believe she sampled some of this at my house a couple weeks ago :)

alex said...

Haha we also had some at Franny's a few weeks ago--her idea was to make better use of our CSA cuke hoard!