Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rhode Island #1: Matunuck Oyster Bar

wanting a break from the beach house during our Rhode Island vacation, Priya and I went for lunch to the Matunuck Oyster Bar with her parents.

I had my very favorite type of clam chowder: Rhode Island clam chowder, far superior to the creamy New England style or the tomatoey Manhattan style. I've often made it with a chicken broth base, but the waitress said this version was totally clam broth. Also, it had dill in it, which was an uncommon addition (but since I love dill, a welcome one).


I also had a plate of oysters: two small, sweet Matunuck oysters (from the pond right next to the restaurant) and two large, briny Quonset oysters. they were delicious enough that we ordered another plate of Matunuck oysters and even Priya had a couple.

No comments: