Sunday, August 30, 2009

Maine

my family rented an amazing house in Maine (this year, Fortune's Rocks) and, of course, we ate a lot of delicious food. To celebrate my uncle John's 50th birthday, we had a mussels-and-lobsters fest that was amazing.

Thai mussels (made by my mom):


me eating lobster:


We all know what cooked lobster looks like, so I didn't really photograph it. Also, I was kind of predatory the moment it came out and didn't really have the wits about me to snap a picture. In Maine, we get the lobsters right from a lobsterman for $7.50 each ($5 per lb, 1.5 lbers). Even better, out of the 22 lobsters we bought, I got to eat at least eight bodies, because most of my family doesn't go for the delicious body meat. My sister does, though, and we had to fight over carcasses).

No comments: