Monday, September 1, 2008

Chicken soup

I was, unfortunately, very sick on Thursday night and all day Friday, and, recovering over the long weekend, I made some chicken soup to soothe my sore throat and general malaise.

very easy--I boiled a whole chicken for about an hour, then threw in some whole leeks, carrots, celery, parsley root (from the greenmarket), etc. and boiled it for another hour. Strained it, threw away all the vegetables (which were mush by now), and added new chopped leeks, celery, and carrot to cook in the brother while I picked apart the chicken. once finished, poured it over some egg noodles and cut a big piece of crusty white peasant bread, and I was all set for dinner (and feeling much better already).


I ate it over the next few days, finally finishing it off with Christina for dinner tonight (along with octopus salad from Di Palo's and some of the aforementioned cabbage slaw).

No comments: