Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pork Chops

as Priya had never had a pork chop before, we decided to make them for dinner.

I brined the chops for several hours in a mixture of apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, brown sugar, black pepper, and of course plenty of salt. rinsing them off, I stuffed them with a stuffing made of whatever Priya had laying around her house (ended being panko, golden raisins, walnuts, and some spices). then we baked 'em in the oven.

Priya took responsibility for sugar snap peas with garlic/ginger/soy sauce, and we had mashed sweet potatoes on the side (baked in a Dutch oven with a little chicken broth to keep 'em moist).

pretty good overall! I think I made the stuffing too mushy, but since it was pretty catch-as-catch-can, it was all right. the pork wasn't too dry and had a good flavor from the brining. I do wish we had a real grill to cook it on, though. the sugar snap peas were crunchy and delicious...not a hard meal, but a good one!

No comments: