Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alchemy

Because Miriam increased their brunch price to $11.95 from $9.95 AND seemed to go down in quality (Priya's pancakes a few weeks ago were dense and crappy for 12 bucks, and my shakshuka had solid yolks!), we went to Alchemy for brunch instead.

I was craving Alchemy's homemade veggie burger, which I'd only had one bite of when Mom ordered it a couple of months ago, so I got that with cheese and (real) bacon. Priya ordered the sweet Guinness pancakes, like Lucas had, but with the fruit he'd spurned.

The veggie burger was great, and cemented my opinion that Alchemy has the best veggie burgers I've had in NYC. I wish I could find the recipe!


Priya's pancakes were also very good, but came with a weird mixture of fruit on top: blueberries (good) and rum-cooked bananas (great), but also halved grapes and cubed cantaloupe (what??). like they added pancake fruit on top, but then decided to throw a fruit salad on top as well?

No comments: