Wednesday, May 21, 2008

squash pizza

I made some hot spicy sausage and broccoli rabe with garlic for dinner with some capellini one night, and got a series of meals out of it. the next day I had a great, huge broccoli rabe and sausage sandwich at lunch, and at night I made a pizza (using frozen dough) with three sections: broccoli rabe and sausage, sausage alone, and spaghetti squash (left over from last week). all were quite spicy and very good. the spaghetti squash lent the pizza a nice "crunch" and flavor--would definitely eat it again, although I probably wouldn't go out of my way to make spaghetti squash solely for a pizza topping.

in the picture above, I rolled two blobs of pizza dough together (that's why it looks like a Siamese twin pizza). I also put a lot of toppings under the cheese and then a few on top, so there is actually a LOT of broccoli rabe and spaghetti squash on the respective sections.

No comments: