Friday, May 2, 2008

dinner with priya, jenna, and rob

rob and jenna came over for dinner. the night before I made ginger-tamarind chickpeas (they ended up a little undercooked, but will only get better with reheating) and chicken curry according to priya's recipe. the day of I made spinach (cumin seeds browned in mustard oil, ginger/garlic/peppers added, then spinach and garam masala; very easy). I made everything extremely mild, but if I had made everything hotter I think it would have been very good.

2 comments:

Priya said...

you're too humble! as one of the lucky guests at dinner last night (who just devoured the leftovers my lovely boyfriend sent me home with), i can testify that EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!!

Jenna said...

i agree with priya. i'm sure that the not hot part was for me. and it was all soooo good! rob and i ate the leftovers last night... the only thing was that we couldn't eat the bread because the paper towel became one with it!